When it comes to home selling, some folks tend to go the creative route and turn home selling incentives into an art in order to sweeten the deal. And some of these home selling incentives are truly one-of-a-kind.
Craziest incentives to sell a home
• Some sellers throw in a Mercedes or a boat if the home sits on a waterfront property
• One woman in California offered to bake cookies for the buyer for a year
• A home seller offered the would-be home buyer a $1,000 beer credit at the local tavern
• Some home sellers offer buyers an all-expense paid vacation that is worth just under $10,000
• Some home sellers offer to pay closing costs or fees
• Some sellers give buyers a gift card for $3,000 at an interior design studio
• One seller, whose home was priced under $200,000, included season tickets to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ football games
Are the home selling incentives nothing more than buzz?
The home seller who made the $1,000 beer offer admitted that, since the offer to give the buyer $1,000 in beer was put on the table, there has been a 300% increase in showings, which is nothing to sneeze at. But did it garner them a buyer? Well, not really.
Most would agree that the three things that truly sell a home are price, location and condition. Certainly, if someone was already in love with the home and you threw in maid service for a year, they would go for it, but that is only because they were already committed to the purchase anyway.
On the other hand, however, the least a a home selling incentive offer could do is create some buzz for the home seller. But then again, will the people who show up only come out of curiosity or do they have a genuine interest in the home?
The more buyers see your home, the better your chances of selling?
In a buyer’s market, sellers may have to use creativity to lure buyers over and show them what a great spread they have, but at the end of the day, most would agree that offering to turn me into a drunken, cookie-eating, vacationing owner of a flashy car might not be enough to make the sale.
What do you think? Do you think those with super creative home selling incentives would catch your attention enough to visit their home? What about to purchase it? Let me know in the comments below.
If you’re ready to start searching for your perfect home, visit ComFree.com today.