Our very own Kim Ewchuk, Licensed Sales Representative and General Manager at ComFree Commonsense Network broker in Manitoba signs her latest column in the Winnipeg Free Press.
In it, Kim reveals five pricing faux pas to avoid when selling your home:
1. Basing your price on another home’s asking price
2. Basing your price on recent renovations
3. Basing your price on how much money you need
4. Basing your price on a different type of home or a home in a different location
5. Starting with a “Let’s Try This” price
According to Kim, when it comes to selling your home, your asking price can make all the difference. A good place to start is with a Comparative Market Analysis, which can suggest a price range based on an analysis of the characteristics of your property and measures them against similar properties that have sold recently. This is a useful reference when discussing pricing with potential buyers. It will help you price your home according to its condition, size and neighbourhood.